Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Irant: Co-ed missionary work


Good morning,
for those who don't remember my last iRants, I now am introducing you to the wonderful world of my brain! Every once in a while I will post a very opinionated work about how much I dislike this, or how this is bad for society.

And then you read it and gasp at all the spelling mistakes, because Rants are raw, unedited pieces of opinion. So hold your breath for a garbage-load of bad spelling.

First off, I was way to lazy (and busy) to make a new iRant episode button, so for this, I do truthfully apologise!

This iRant's episode; The Co-ed missionaries.

You know, the ones on the same team, who live in the same house, who spend every waking moment with each other doing youth missionary work?

This topic recently came up because one of my acquaintances left missionary work to date one of the people on his team. Dating is obviously not allowed on the team, but the thing that made me mad was that they only had 5 months left before going home! They could have totally done it! And what makes me more enraged is that the temptation was there in the first place. When you go on missionary work YOU GO TO PREACH, teach, work, heal, and it's all for Jesus!

How could the founders not get it into their heads that women and men are attracted to each other? Do they think that the guys could deal with the temptation? And the girls! Seriously, do you think that they wouldn't get attracted and silently fight over the one cute guy on their team. And then there is this whole thing about guys who are "out of bounds" are more attractive (which I don't understand at all). Really? You are there to serve Jesus, you are an example to the young people you are preaching to!

Most of all, these people are better then this, and I pray that this mission isn't going to turn into a "Find-A-Husband" thing. I have seen mission's, camp's, and college's turn into a bunch of things that they were not intended for.

And to ease the mood, for the end of this very short iRant I give you, my new favorite homeschooling youtuber (excluding Julian smith of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJHt-m3VX6o&feature=g-u&context=G2ed87ccFUAAAAAAANAA








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...