Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 17 Regency Reflection


Yes, that is a picture of me :)
I think I was reading John Keats
There is something about reading outside that is very calming, when I was 10 I would wake up for the sunrise every once in a while and sit in the hammock reading. It was a very beautiful calming experience.

"A Person who can write a long letter, can write no ill"
-Jane Austen

Austen has influenced me growing up. Miss. Austen has taught me many things, mostly how to write a proper book. But also how to be a proper lady.

I hope that you are all having a wonderful Austen week :)

Here are the Jane Austen questions!

1 - What was the first JA novel you ever read, and who introduced you to it?
Sense and Sensibility, my sister was already an avid Jane Austen fan. To this day Sense and Sensibility is my favorite Jane Austen novel.

2 - Which is your least favorite JA novel, and why? (Everybody posts about their favorites... I want to know what's at the bottom of your list!)
Mansfield Park
Edmund annoyed me, and I have to say I suffered through this book. Though I appreciated Fanny's character, I did not like her.

3 - Who do you think is the funniest character JA ever created?
I am
I am highly amused by Mr. Collins

4 - Which JA villain[ess] do you love to hate?
I have actually never thought of that... Probably Catherine de Bourgh

5 - What's your favorite JA quote?
"A Person who can write a long letter, can write no ill"


6 - If you were to "start" someone on JA, which book would you recommend to them first and why?
Pride and Prejudice or Emma, because they are easiest and probably the most well known novels.

7 - What is your absolute favorite JA film adaptation and why?
Emma 2009
The storytelling was amazing and I loved the costumes. They got Emma spot on, in fact all of the actors/actresses they chose were very good!


8 - If you could authorize a new film adaptation of one of JA's novels, which would it be and why?
Sense and sensibility,
Because everyone has a different interpretation of the novel. In fact everyone has a different interpretation of every book!

9 - Which JA character do you most identify with?
Elinor Dashwood,
Other than me being overly dramatic like Marriane, I look up to Elinor and I relate to her as well.
But I would marry Colonel Brandon before Mr. Ferrars.

10 - If you could have lunch with JA today, what question would you most like to ask her?
Did you die of poisoning? Because thats a new rumour....

11 - Is there any one thing that you think could have been improved upon in one (or all) of JA's books? What is it and why?
Edmund not being Fanny's cousin would have sat better with me, but I really think that because of the time period and the greatness of the character development their is nothing i would want of her to change.

12 - If you could have lunch with one of JA's characters today, who would it be and why?
Colonel Brandon,
So I could stare at him....

In Christ







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...