Friday, December 9, 2011

BEA day 13 Recollection

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhlaBADfUgfOPjEGuA-NbwN91jmArr5CVYa223m-ivIf9OJQzucSwV6nP26ZPyzIrQe8R6ejvFnzRhtDpqpZHgWEsE-DnRubVlhFpZb5zwfEZMgObXVp09bck7W52pH8jPP2niBjujOcXc/s400/SCMaria_AM-thumb.jpg
This blog post comes to you with only 25 minutes in which I have to write to you because I procrastinated this until the very last second!
I mean minutes...

I went to a recollection meeting today with a group of young women, I think there you are encouraged to be yourself a bit more. Obviously I was super insecure about this and then I believe to mask my insecurity I just played violin until I found that it may be rude to do it anymore..
Wait..
Isn't my blog name called "Little Miss Simplicity?"

Well.. I must be a walking contradiction.. I mean a typing contradiction.

Putting aside certain insecurities the actual message behind the meditation was in fact very good. It was about inner peace, and how we must look at Mary and her example.
Forgiveness, how we must essentially forgive and forget. So as not to allow our imagination/memory pinpoint bad instances from ages ago.

Our memory actually makes it harder for us to forget things, my elder sister went through a phase of bullying me when she was in her early teens. Though they were only words, they still hurt. And it has been an incredibly hard task for me to forgive her because I remember how I felt when she hurt me, therefore I am almost always in a default defensive mode.
Which is childish

For if I am not willing to forgive, how will I ask forgiveness?

In Christ




p.s WOO! 18 minutes to spare! I type fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...