Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Artistic Spotlight - Carly Zinga

Carly, a student from Australia, has no formal education in photography yet her shots still turn out lovely. Carly likes to take dreamy photos with a focus on fantasy and childhood. To take her shots she uses a Sony DSLR camera. When asked about the editing process she states, " I like a natural looking photograph, so I mainly adjust the colour with curves and actions. People are who they are, I think we should celebrate that!"
For Issue 3 of The Fashion Press we're doing an underwater photo shoot so one of my major questions for Carly was about how she took hers. " I got suited up in a full length wetsuit with a weight belt (to keep me stable underwater), and goggles. It was in the middle of winter, so the water was freezing. I felt sorry for my models, because all they were wearing was flimsy clothes. I borrowed my twin sisters underwater, digital camera - it's nothing fancy. To take the photographs, I had to be close enough, because if I was to far away the water created a barrier and you couldn't see your subject. Luckily I had chosen a pool that was new and the water was very clear. All I can say is that it was a long process and took many hours to achieve. " And what are her projects for the future? " Right now, I am working on building up my portfolio, in between school and my dancing. I would like to get better at photoshop, because I realize that it is definitely going to be one of the tools of the future. In the future i hope to see my work published in magazines all around the world, and i would love to be traveling and taking photographs across a variety of different countries. " To check out Carly's online portfolio click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...